Monday, February 23, 2015

Long and sleepy weekend

Saturday was a day full of sleep. Normally this would sound good to most people. However, my brain simply was refusing to wake up. I slept all but probably 5 hours.

I know a brain heals only in sleep but sleep is getting old. When I was awake, it was like my brain was on a merry-go-round with me sitting in the center, watching the world spin faster and faster.

Sunday brought Mass. I refuse to give up ushering, even though it makes me sick most of the time. I need to have some normalcy in my life. We went to a restaurant afterwards, good food but a ton of stimulation.

By the time I got home my body was in shutdown mode. For me, it's either go down or things come up. I spent a few hours sleeping. I heard my dad say something about the TV not working right while watching the Daytona 500.

Naturally, my curious mind had to figure it out. So I came out of my dungeon of sorts to help figure it out.

I don't think there were more than 50 laps left in the race. I stayed and watched the race, having to take many breaks by looking away from the TV . I am known to push myself beyond limits and today was no exception.

Well, let's just say my stomach started to rebel, I had been fighting it for a while, by the end of the race. So, I must admit that sports still don't agree with me. Frustrating as heck for a guy who likes sports and loves being a sports photographer.

I have spent most of the rest of the day sleeping and trying to overcome my symptoms. Life with a brain injury still continues to be tough. I missed my Godson's baptism today because I can't travel. God has a plan for all this suffering. I have yet to see the entire picture.

Please continue to pray

No comments:

Post a Comment